When it comes to sartorial inspiration, designers and local boutique owners look to the globe’s fashion capitals. Here are some of the top looks seen on Paris’ Fall/Winter 2018 runway shows – and where to shop for them on the North Shore.
1. Layering is necessary when it comes to dressing for Vancouver’s changeable weather but this season it’s also a big trend as seen at Balenciaga’s Fall 2018 and Chanel’s Fall/Winter 2018-19 Paris shows. “Layering’s always good, even if it’s a shorter jacket over a longer blouse,” says Elaine Smith, store manager at So Blu and BJ’s in West Vancouver. Ideal for creating this layered look are the variety of knits, including ankle-length cardigans, that Smith has on offer in the boutique.
2. Cowgirl Style. Clothing and accessories are taking inspiration from the Wild West for fall 2018. Case in point: the coin jewellery and snake print shoes and boots on display at The Latest Scoop. “And though booties are still strong, we are seeing the leg of the boot head north, to mid-calf and higher,” explains Deborah Nichol, owner of The Latest Scoop, which has various locations including one in Dundarave. Western accents were also seen at Isabel Marant and Alberta Ferretti’s Fall/Winter 2018-19 shows in Paris.
3. Animal and Snake Prints. “These are always in style but this season they make a strong return and are beautifully mixed with the jewel tones of the season. Look for them in fun flirty dresses, faux fur and footwear,” says Nichol. Or take a cue from the models at Dolce & Gabbana and Victoria Beckham’s Fall/Winter 2018-19 runway shows in Paris and don leopard print head-to-toe.
4. Peasant Dresses continue to be big for fall, says Smith, as evidenced by Valentino’s, Elie Saab’s and Giambattista Valli’s Fall 2018 collections, and by the selection on So Blu’s store shelves.
5. Metallics were seen at Fall 2018 Giorgio Armani and Gucci shows in Paris, and with the right styling the trend can work for both day and night, says Nichol. In the evening she suggests pairing a dark grey metallic jacket with a satin blouse and a non-stretch denim jean (or faux leather legging). Then add a low-heeled patent or leather boot. “For day, switch the blouse to a white tee or cami,” Nichol continues.
Four Fab Fall Looks
article continues below
1. Lovely Layers. Wear a cropped chunky knit sweater over a soft animal print bias cut skirt that hits just below the knee. Then add a suede boot or shoe with a chunky heel (“maybe in a colour that pops,”) says Nichol.
2. Ankle Anthem. To rock the ankle-length jeans that are big right now, wear them with a flat brogue shoe and a sweater or a poncho instead of a coat, suggests Smith.
3. Modern Mix. For an eclectic statement, don a magenta blouse and teal pant with slip-on animal print flats and a tweed or check print jacket, says Nichol.
4. Fall Romance. Pair a print floral skirt or dress with a soft textured long or short sweater and a chunky heel. “This will give your dressier items a daytime casual look,” says Nichol.
Fall Beauty Essentials
Create autumn’s ethereal, feminine face with these beauty must-haves.
1. Clear, dewy skin is always in style but it was emphasized even more than usual on Fall/Winter 2018-19 runways. Dermalogica’s BioLumin-C Serum accelerates cell turnover to create that lit-from-within look.
2. Ombre lids created using brown-orange and gold shades are a subtle nod to fall’s foliage. Charlotte Tilbury’s Bigger Brighter Eyes Filter eye shadow palette in Transformeyes includes two golden shimmer shades and two matte shades in copper and gold tones.
3. Bold Lips. Add a pop of colour to neutral knits with a bright lippie such as Beautycounter’s Colour Intense Lipstick in Girls’ Night.
Trends aside, Nichol says confidence is the most timeless fashion rule of all: “Establish a unique style that suits your personality and makes you feel good because fashion is, after all, a personal statement.”
Read Related Topics
This is is a syndicated post. Read the original at www.nsnews.com
fashion outfits, fashion tips, makeup ideas, fashion trends
Best Clickbank Products